In this interview, produced in collaboration with Harvard Science in the News, I talked with University of Washington professors Carl Bergstrom and Jevin West about their book on misinformation, which was adapted from their long-running course of the same name.
- Calling Bullshit: The Art of Skepticism in a Data-Driven World
- Carl T. Bergstrom
- Jevin D. West
- Tyler Vigen’s Spurious Correlations website on unrelated correlated variables.
- Article in The Atlantic about the marshmallow test and confounding variables.
- Learn how to use Fermi estimation in biology from Cell Biology by the Numbers.
- Examples of bias in machine learning algorithms for criminal sentencing and hiring.
- John Oliver’s Last Week Tonight segment on misinformation in immigrant communities.